Nurse Manager 24/7 Job
- Nurse Manager
Nurse Manager 24/7 Job
Location: Waseca, MN, US
Company: Mayo Clinic
A Life-Changing Career
Responsibilities: The nurse manager 24/7 practice is accountable for the implementation of the vision, mission and values of Mayo Clinic and the Department of Nursing within defined areas of practice. The nurse manager 24/7 practice plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the operational, fiscal, and personnel activities within defined areas of practice to ensure the provision of quality patient care 24 hours a day. The individual contributes to the strategic planning process, and attainment of goals of the organization. The individual is responsible for one or more inpatient units based upon unit/area complexity and size of practice. The nurse manager 24/7 practice advocates for and allocates available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, and compassionate nursing care based on current standards of practice. The nurse manager 24/7 practice is responsible for total work unit budget. The individual promotes shared decision making on the unit level. The nurse manager 24/7 practice acts as a resource and facilitates collaboration between nursing personnel and other health care disciplines throughout the organization and within the healthcare community. The nurse manager 24/7 is accountable for promoting ongoing development of all staff and for maintaining a professional environment in which all staff can grow and develop. Direct reports may include nurse supervisors of assigned inpatient units.
Qualifications: Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program (accredited program requirement is effective January 1, 2018 for MCHS MN sites). In addition, effective January 1, 2017 applicants for Director, Manager, and Supervisor roles must have baccalaureate in nursing to be eligible to apply. Effective September 1, 2019 all Directors, Managers. Supervisors hired prior to January 1, 2017 must have completed baccalaureate in nursing. All exceptions must come to Midwest Nurse Executive Committee for approval.
• Minimum of three years of nursing practice experience.
• Arizona and Florida: Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency.
• Midwest: Maintains current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs: American Heart Association or American Red Cross (required by January 1, 2017).
• Maintains ACLS and PALS per specific unit guidelines.
• Any additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Experience in the department’s specialty preferred.
• Management experience preferred.
• Preferred Education: Graduate of an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited Master’s in Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program, business, or health related field as approved by Mayo Clinic Nurse Executive Committee.
License or Certification: Current state RN license or current license deemed acceptable by the State Board of Nursing in which the RN practices.
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Exemption Status: Exempt
Compensation Detail: Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $3,552.80, based on a full-time position.
Hours/Pay Period: 80
Schedule Details: Primarily Monday - Friday.
Weekend Schedule: Weekends as needed
Recruiter: Becky Grassmann
Why Mayo Clinic? Mayo Clinic provides the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of the patient first. We are the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world with approximately 60,000 employees working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, which includes exceptional benefits, and have been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the top 100 “Best Companies to Work For”.
Site Description: Waseca is known for their comfortable and friendly atmosphere. It offers a wide range of outdoor recreation activities that can keep everyone moving and enjoying the outdoors. Waseca public schools offer an excellent early childhood, kindergarten, elementary, and secondary experience.
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Job Posting Category: Nursing, Other Patient Care
Job Posting Number: 80625BR
Date: Mar 7, 2017
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Nursing Manager Jobs
- View more Medical/Surgical Jobs
- View more Nurse Manager Jobs
- View more Mayo Clinic Jobs