Job Title: (Per-diem) Registered Nurse (RN) / Quality Management-Ambulatory / Manhasset
Job Number: 001462
As the Quality Management Coordinator, you will facilitate and participate in the implementation of the multidisciplinary hospital-wide Quality Assurance (QM)/Performance Improvement (PI) program. You will promote collaborative practice among departments/services for improved clinical outcomes and processes of care, as well as, plan and implement a systemic process to monitor the quality and appropriateness of patient care.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Supports an information system for Quality Management data aggregation.
- Maintains Quality Management and NYPORTS database.
- Provides Department Chairman and Quality Management/ Performance Improvement Committees with data analysis of trends, including high-risk patients/ procedures.
- Coordinates Root Cause Analysis and reports results to appropriate departments and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates risk management activities including monitoring of appropriate corrective actions/ improvements to render quality health care in all related phases.
- Monitors statistical data from Quality Management reports and evaluations.
- Develops systems and procedures to carry out QM/PI functions.
- Assists in the implementation of the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Hospital.
- Participates in departmental/service Quality Improvement committees, task forces and organizational performance improvement teams as appropriate.
- Participates in program planning and development.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary health care team regarding development and implementation of QM/PI program.
- Serves as a consultant to the multidisciplinary department/service Quality Improvement Committees.
- Participates as a member of the institutional Quality Management/ Performance Improvement committees in planning, reviewing, and implementing activities related to the organizational goals and objectives.
- Recommends topics for review, including but not limited to, high risk, high volume, or problem prone activities.
- Assists in the preparation process for accreditation and regulatory surveys.
- Uses knowledge of standards of accreditation and regulatory agencies to advise and assists with assessment of adherence.
- Maintains an effective reporting system (i.e. QM database and NYPORTS database) to communicate and document findings, action and follow-up resulting from systematic monitoring and evaluation criteria.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing or Physician Assistant Program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse OR as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State OR current Licensed Registered Physician Assistant by New York State Department of Education, required.
- Minimum of (5) five years clinical experience including general knowledge of QM principles, NYPORTS and JCAHO requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of Quality Management, NYPORTS and The Joint Commission (TJC) requirements and supporting information system applications.
Job Quality Management
Primary Location Nassau County-Manhasset-600 Community Dr
Schedule Per Diem
Shift Day Job