Job Title: Pharmacy Patient Care Coordinator Days (Manhasset)
Job Number: 0015C3
Coordinates and assists in Implementing/evaluating pharmacy patient care. Assists in preparing, compounding and repackaging of medications. Assists in maintaining records and reports. Maintains sufficient inventories at workstations.
- Obtains and documents medication and supplement history for patients prior to (and/or during) admission from contacting multiple sources including patient, patient family/care-giver, outside pharmacies, physician offices, nursing/assisted-living facilities and other hospitals. Attempts to clarify as many uncertainties and compile as complete a medication history as possible.
- Assists in coordinating discharge planning including, but not limited to …
- Identifying patients unable to afford medication
- Identifying rejected pharmacy claims at patients’ preferred pharmacy
- Initiates the prior authorization process
- Participates in implementing and evaluating related Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement and Compliance programs.
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in the non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects preparing and dispensing medication.
Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports.
- Fills, packages, labels and stocks unit dose cart from computerized pick list; brings cart to nursing unit according to predetermined schedule.
- Makes other deliveries, as required.
- Fills bottles or other package forms with measured amount of medication either manually or mechanically.
- Labels containers of drugs according to department specification, either manually or mechanically.
- Assists in clean air room, using sterile technique in filling and labeling injectable prescriptions, where required.
- Assists in preparation and/or labeling of IV additives.
- Fills medication orders in inpatient area.
- Packages sudden, unexpected medication requests, as required.
Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations in Pharmacy.
- Maintains IV records with Pharmacist direction.
- Maintains records for medication in inpatient area.
- Maintains records of preparation of extemporaneous medications.
- Assists in the maintenance of statistics and records for all medication orders.
- Enters orders into computer terminal for refill purposes.
Performs related duties, as required.
- Transports required pharmacy material, as necessary.
- Receives and maintains records of stock and inventory control.
- Assists in material control by maintaining records and inventories.
- Maintains placement of sufficient daily inventory of supplies to all areas of the Pharmacy to assure efficient operating conditions.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Associates Degree in Pharmacy Technology, Nursing or Science field, required.
- Active Certified Pharmacy Technician (CER-PHT) from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), required.
- Minimum of three (3) years hospital or retail pharmacy experience, required. Retail experience, required.
- Strong working-knowledge of medications including generic/brand names, standard doses, and classes of drugs used for various conditions, required.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to display compassion to patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to use advanced settings of a variety of computer programs including standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn computerized hospital pharmacy system
- Must be able to do physically strenuous work.
Job Nursing Support
Primary Location Nassau County-Manhasset-North Shore University Hospitl
Schedule Full Time
Shift Day Job
Shift Detail Monday through Friday, every other weekend.