Job Title: Pharmacy Technician Days (Temporary) (Cohen Children's Medical Center)
Job Number: 00143S
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in the non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication.
- Fills, packages, labels and stocks unit dose cart from patient profile card or computerized pick list; brings cart to nursing unit according to predetermined schedule. Makes other deliveries, as required.
- Fills bottles or other package forms with measured amount of medication either manually or mechanically.
- Labels containers of drugs according to department specification, either manually or mechanically.
- Assists in clean air room, using sterile technique in filling and labeling injectable prescriptions.
- Assists in preparation of IV additives.
- Fills medication orders in inpatient area.
- Responsible for extemporaneous medication packaging, as required.
- Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports.
- Maintains IV records with Pharmacist direction.
- Maintains records for medication in inpatient area.
- Maintains records of preparation of extemporaneous medications.
- Assists in the maintenance of statistics and records for all medication orders.
- Enters orders into computer terminal.
- Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations in Pharmacy.
- Transports required pharmacy material, as necessary.
- Receives and maintains records of stock and inventory control.
- Assists in material control by maintaining records and inventories.
- Maintains placement of sufficient daily inventory of supplies to all areas of Pharmacy to assure efficient operating conditions.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician Training Program OR Equivalent hospital pharmacy experience, required.
- Two (2) years experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital pharmacy with a computerized system, preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, where applicable.
- Ability to learn computerized hospital pharmacy system.
Job Nursing Support
Primary Location Nassau County-New Hyde Park-Cohen Children's Medical Ctr
Schedule Full Time
Shift Day Job
Shift Detail eow and holidays as needed