Physician Assistant Trauma/Surg. (Full-Time)
North Shore-LIJ Health System
- IV Therapy
Job Title: Physician Assistant Trauma/Surg. (Full-Time)
Job Number: 000E24
Performs a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for admission, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and outcome evaluation. Participates in performance improvement, research and educational activities.
1. Takes initial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
2. Initiates, documents and communicates the plan of care and follows-up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients.
3. Performs daily patient rounds.
4. Writes orders for medications, laboratory work and diagnostic tests. Interprets laboratory and test results.
5. Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
6. Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions and any referrals on patient charts. Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions.
7. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Clinical Aspects of Patient Care at a level normally acquired through the completion of an approved Physician’s Assistant Program culminating in a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Licensed Registered Physician Assistant by the New York State Department of Education. Board Certified, preferred. Must receive certification within one (1) year of employment.
• Minimum of one (1) year of previous related experience.
Job Physician Assistant
Primary Location Richmond County-Staten Island-Staten Island U Hosp North
Schedule Full Time
Shift Day Job
Shift Detail Variable shifts w/ rotations, weekends & holidays. SEE COMMENTS- New posn#10085095
North Shore-LIJ Health System is the nation's third largest non-profit, secular healthcare system, New York City's ninth largest employer, and the largest employer on Long Island.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Physician Assistant Jobs
- View more Medical/Surgical Jobs
- View more IV Therapy Jobs
- View more North Shore-LIJ Health System Jobs