Job Title: Psych NP - Inpatient (Adult)
Job Number: 0015S5
Opening Position at: South Oaks Hospital
400 Sunrise Highway, Amityville NY 11701
In the role of Nurse Practitioner, you will perform a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for the admission of patients, utilizing the Nursing processes of assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and outcome evaluation. Further, you will perform all duties of a Registered Professional Nurse as necessary.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the clinical collaborative practice agreements in the specific clinical area.
- Conducts health assessments of patients/families with real or potential, acute, and/or chronic health problems. Initiates referrals to specialty services and fosters continuity of care.
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultation and laboratory examinations. Prescribes and revises medical regimes. Interprets findings and plans of care according to collaborative practice agreements and protocols in designated areas.
- Provides patient/family education and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, and disease prevention.
- Participates in team meetings and conferences to enhance an interdisciplinary approach to primary health car delivery, Serves on departmental and multidisciplinary committees, which influence or determine policies affecting nursing practice.
- Serves as liaison between patient and community, and acts as health care advocate.
- Identifies quality improvement issues and develops unit-based quality improvement programs, as well as standards of care and practice.
- Participates in approved medical and nursing research studies.
- Maintains a current level of knowledge relative to professional practice.
- Acts as resource to staff and implements educational programs.
- Participates in the evaluation of the cost effectiveness of services provided.
*Immediate opportunity to work in inpatient services.
- Master's Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and a Nurse Practitioner in New York State.
- National Board Certification in specialty area, required. Certification to be obtained prior to next re-credentialing review.
- Completion of a pharmacology component of not less than three (3) semester hours or the equivalent AND has been instructed in New York State and federal laws relating to prescription and record keeping (3-hour course).
- Has a collaborative practice agreement with a physician and designated protocols, both filed with the New York State Department of Education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and clinical skills combined with attention to service excellence.
- Experience managing acute psychiatric patients
- Work some weekends.
- New graduates with appropriate combination of experience and skills are encouraged to apply
Job Psychiatry, Mental Health, & Behavioral Health
Primary Location Suffolk County-Amityville-1080 Sunrise Highway
Schedule Full Time
Shift Day Job
Shift Detail Weekend roundings