Registered Nurse (RN) / Clinical Program Coordinator - Sepsis-Infection Control / Glen Cove
North Shore-LIJ Health System
- Infection Control
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) / Clinical Program Coordinator - Sepsis-Infection Control / Glen Cove
Job Number: 00153G
RN with background/experience in Quality Management, Sepsis, infection control, and stroke, strongly preferred.
Serves as clinical expert liaison as it pertains to specific disease management. Prepares reports and analysis and acts as a resource representative by providing information and facilitating services. Assists in the clinical evaluation and documentation standards of patients with specific disease diagnosis.
1. Implements disease-specific tools for diagnosis, clinical documentation, data abstraction and monitoring of data.
2. Participates-in and conducts process improvement analysis with other members of nursing and medical staff.
3. Provides consultation and education with respect to the application of continuous quality improvement principles, practices and disease management measures.
4. Educates patients/families in the health-illness continuum.
5. Provides feedback to all levels of the organization on disease specific definitions and processes.
6. Explains and applies accepted methodologies and assesses results.
7. Participates in Health System committee and in other committees as necessary. Reports pertinent data on trends and issues.
8. Assists during rounding on patient floors to educate staff with disease specific understanding and documentation.
9. Performs concurrent reviews related to compliance.
10. Performs related duties, as required.
•RN with background/experience in Quality Management, Sepsis, infection control, and stroke, strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, required.
• Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State required.
• Minimum of five (5) years related clinical nursing experience, required.
• Current knowledge of related Joint Commission, NYS Department of Health and CMS requirements and supporting information system applications, required.
Job Quality Management
Primary Location Nassau County-Glen Cove-Glen Cove Hospital
Schedule Full Time
Shift Day Job
North Shore-LIJ Health System is the nation's third largest non-profit, secular healthcare system, New York City's ninth largest employer, and the largest employer on Long Island.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Registered Nurse Jobs
- View more Medical/Surgical Jobs
- View more Infection Control Jobs
- View more North Shore-LIJ Health System Jobs