Job Title: RN Clinical Supervisor - Part Time
Job Number: 0017FW
Opening Position at: South Oaks Hospital
400 Sunrise Highway, Amityville NY 11701
In this vital role, you will serve as a nursing practice expert, as well as a teacher and a resource (assisting nursing staff to meet patient care needs). You will play a key role in creating a positive patient experience by developing the staff to increase knowledge and skill in a specific clinical specialty. You will be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating patient care programs. You will also serve as a role model for nursing staff through professional clinical nursing practice; provide clinical expertise to patients and staff on a 24-hour basis; and assist the staff nurse in identifying and providing specialized, direct care to patients having special care needs.
1. Functional Components/Clinical Practice.
- Demonstrates current advanced knowledge and clinical expertise in the assessment of patients. Develops and utilizes strategic nursing interventions in response to complex health care problems.
- May have 24-hour accountability for patient caseload.
- Participates in evaluating and improving the quality of patient care and utilizes interdisciplinary collaboration in the management of complex patient care problems ensuring continuous quality of patient care.
- Develops patient care standards and policies within area of specialization.
- Serves on hospital and nursing committees.
- Administers long acting injectable as required.
- Collaborates with the Department of Nursing Education in developing educational programs for nursing staff, students and other health care professionals and community groups.
- Demonstrates and advanced knowledge of the teaching/learning process by assisting patients in integrating all aspects of the treatment plan into his/her lifestyle and developing positive attitudes and behaviors resulting in achievement of a maximum level of independence in daily functioning following discharge.
- Develops educational patient/family literature and tools to assist with the patient education process.
- Serves as preceptor to students and/or nursing orientees. Functions as a clinical resource and roll model for advanced nursing practice.
- Provides expertise in specialty area to other health care professionals and agencies, as well as, to school faculty, industry and community-based programs when applicable.
- Collaborates with other disciplines regarding patient management in area of specialization.
- Incorporates current research findings into clinical practice.
- Participates in inter-disciplinary research.
- Initiates nursing research projects and assists other members of the nursing staff to develop research skills.
- Makes recommendations in performance evaluations of staff.
- Implements measures to promote cost containment.
- Oversees and continually evaluates the quality of newly developed or established programs at the unit, departmental and institutional levels.
- Coordinates patient care activities to reduce patient length of stay.
- 5 years relevant experience including progressive leadership.
BSN required, Masters in Nursing or related field preferred.
Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
Job Psychiatry, Mental Health, & Behavioral Health
Primary Location Suffolk County-Amityville-1080 Sunrise Highway
Schedule Full Time
Shift Night Job