Vice President, Medical Management
North Shore-LIJ Health System
- Quality Assurance
Job Title: Vice President, Medical Management
Job Number: 000RO3
1. Oversees operations of Care Coordination and Utilization Management departments.
2. Reviews and implements medical and clinical protocols for staff oversight and development.
3. Plans, implements, and manages medical and clinical operations programs.
4. Ensures compliance of medical and clinical operations programs and services.
5. Monitors and evaluates overall medical and clinical operations services, employee performance and program outcomes.
6. Plans and manages medical and clinical operations to ensure financial viability. Develops operational budgets for medical and clinical operations.
7. Leads, directs, and oversees quality management and improvement activities, including risk management, performance improvement and patient safety.
8. Develops strategic plans, policies and procedures to improve quality throughout the organization and its network, and works with leadership to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
9. Oversees the adherence to company metrics and targets and reports on trends and ratings related to quality systems across the organization.
10. Ensures high quality patient care to all patients receiving services covered by CareConnect.
11. Directs and manages resources efficiently and timely for all quality performance initiatives and activities.
12. Conducts analysis audits and studies to research any quality of care issues.
13. Ensures clinical staff meet defined goals, targets and regulatory requirements. Develops and applies performance metrics to evaluate services, employee performance, and program outcomes Identifies, develops and maintains relevant quality training programs to ensure employees receive training related to their work and ensures training is properly documented.
14. Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; and oversees the selection, development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
15. Collaborates with leadership, medical director(s), medical management staff, and other employees of CareConnect to plan, formulate and develop new and improved quality procedures.
16. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
· Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field, required.
license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in
· Minimum of ten (10) years clinical care management experience including five (5) years leadership experience in a health plan organization, required.· Strong leadership skills and ability to manage change across different environments. Must possess solid organizational and management skills necessary to meet established targets and deadlines. Ability to initiate, create and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
Primary Location Nassau County-Greenvale-2200 Northern Boulevard
Schedule Full Time
Shift Day Job
North Shore-LIJ Health System is the nation's third largest non-profit, secular healthcare system, New York City's ninth largest employer, and the largest employer on Long Island.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Vice President Jobs
- View more Engineering Jobs
- View more Quality Assurance Jobs
- View more North Shore-LIJ Health System Jobs