Job Title: Wound Care RN- Home Care Long Island
Job Number: 000WI8
In the role of Wound Care RN Specialist, you will function as a pro-active resource person to management and staff in matters regarding the provision of care and formulation of policy and education relative to wound care/ostomy management. Further, you will recommend appropriate wound care/ostomy management strategies by collaborating with Physicians and staff, patients and their families and oversee Performance Improvement activities as related to aspects of wound care/ostomy management and reports results.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Performs duties of a Registered Nurse, providing direct patient care, health teaching and counseling to wound care/ostomy patients, their families and staff.
- Implements a comprehensive wound care/ostomy management plan based on assessment of medical, social and environmental needs of the wound care/ostomy patient.
- Coordinates teaching activities with family, informal supports and/or other resources.
- Provides direct patient care as indicated and ordered by physician using nursing skills and judgment.
- Evaluates patient's responses to care provided in conjunction with patient's physician and modifies wound care /ostomy plan of treatment as needed.
- Assesses patient and families' learning needs and readiness to learn, providing health guidance, counseling and instruction.
- Utilizes written materials as indicated, consistent with patient/families' comprehension and ability to learn.
- Collects and analyzes data related to Pressure Injury.
- Oversees methodology for collection of data.
- Coordinates completion and submission or related surveys and/or reports.
- Functions as a resource person to management and staff in matters regarding wound/ostomy management.
- Educates staff on new technologies, health care issues and practices affecting wound care/ostomy management.
- Seeks opportunities to enhance own knowledge regarding treatment and management of wound/ostomy care as evidenced by participation in professional associations including MSN.
- Leads plans and provides wound care/ostomy initiatives and education to nursing and management staff.
- Develops policies, procedures and programs to enhance service provided to wound care/ostomy patients.
- Functions as integral part of the team by expanding theoretical knowledge base, improving clinical techniques, enhancing interpersonal relations and preparing job related responsibilities within the organization.
- Demonstrates current and in-depth knowledge in clinical practice.
- Maintains current knowledge of available community resources and is able to differentiate varying level of care needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Current certification in Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing (CWOCN), required.
- Minimum of five (5) years medical/surgical nursing experience in hospital or home care setting, required.
Job Home Care
Primary Location Nassau County-Westbury-972 Brush Hollow Rd
Schedule Full Time
Shift Day Job